How to Leverage the Customer Experience
September 9, 2020
What is customer experience? The customer experience begins with the first and last impression customers have about your brand. Their view of your brand can impact your business objectives but ultimately it can affect your bottom line: revenue.
Why is customer experience important? Consumers have choices about where and when to spend their earned money in addition to having a vast amount of resources at their fingertips. Improving the customer experience is crucial to sustaining growth of any business. Consumers expect a positive first experience and it’s up to the brand how the relationship is maintained.
How to create a memorable experience. Getting to know your customers isn’t a task that happens overnight. You need a plan–a complete roadmap of their journey. Included in your plan you might want to consider asking yourself the following questions.
- What are the customers thinking?
- How do we want them to feel?
- What is the call-to-action or the business touchpoint?
The primary goal here is to establish a positive connection with the customer, and create one that is memorable. Here are a few suggestions on how to initiate engagement:
- Ask for feedback. Keep in mind this process isn’t really about you, it’s about their experience and how you engage with them.
- Create helpful content. By curating relevant content that provides solutions to complex challenges provides value that drives trust and credibility.
- Build a community. Get your loyal customers to become brand ambassadors. It’s okay for you to ask them to write reviews and share their experience with friends and family.
It’s highly suggested to collect customer feedback during their journey. Analyze data by turning them into rich and intelligent insights that will ultimately improve and elevate the customer experience.
Digital customer experience. As more companies are taking their business online, it has become increasingly important to create customer relationships through digital channels. Whether it’s with a customized built platform like Shark Experience or the Avis Budget Group Travel Assistant, social media channels, mobile apps, video conferencing, etc., the digital experience should be user-friendly. And, business touchpoints are easily accessible and all mobile environments are working and formatted properly. Last but least, the onboarding experience for these digital experiences must be flawless.
In a nutshell, by creating a remarkable experience it promotes loyalty, retains customers, and encourages brand advocacy and awareness. It’s a win-win for everyone.